As Responsible Care Partners, Tankstar USA, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiaries (Schwerman Trucking Co., Rogers Cartage Co., North American Bulk Transport, Inc., and Bulk Logistics, Inc.) are dedicated to the safe transport of bulk commodities.
With one of the oldest and largest tank truck carriers in the nation, we have a long history of providing quality service. For us, an integral part of quality service is operating in a manner that protects the environment and safeguards the health, safety, and security of employees, customers, and the communities where we operate.
Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our Responsible Care Policy below:
Responsible Care Policy
Our companies put great value on our employees, customers, and the communities where we operate in this great nation. We understand our responsibility to be good corporate employers and citizen. We are committed to achieving excellence in our environmental, health, safety, and security practices. These fundamental elements of our management philosophy govern our corporations. Accordingly, Tankstar’s family of companies believes and subscribes to the following policy:
- We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment by promoting pollution prevention, waste reduction, recycling and energy conservation.
- We are committed to operating ethically and in accordance with the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care.
- We will manage our chemical handling and transportation processes to seek the safe and secure delivery of products.
- We will work with our customers and employees to share chemical safety information along the supply chain.
- We will seek continuous environmental, health, safety, and security performance improvement in our operations.
- We are committed to compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and our Responsible Care obligations.
- We will communicate our environmental, health, safety, and security performance to employees, customers and other stakeholders who may be impacted by our operations.
- We will train our employees regarding the importance of environmental, health, safety, and security procedures and the role they must play to deliver quality service.
Responsible Care is a choice that not every company makes, but we did. Protecting people, property and the environment when we transport various products is simply the right way to do business. For us, it’s all about delivering quality service.